Rates and Fees
|Intro APR||0% on purchases for 6 months|
|Purchase APR||17.99% - 26.99% Variable|
|Welcome Offer||Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $6,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.|
|Rewards Rate||Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases.|
- Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $6,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Plus, get a 0% introductory APR for 6 months on purchases. After the introductory 6 months period, the APR for purchases will be variable at 17.99%-26.99% based on your credit worthiness and other factors at account opening, and this APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate
- Special Offer Expires: 7/02/2019.
- Check your first bag for free and save up to $60 on a round trip Delta flight.
- Find room for your carry-on and settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy 20% savings on eligible in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit with the American Express Delta Card.
- Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases. Miles don’t expire.
- Terms and limitations apply
If you’re a frequently Delta flyer, then you probably already are familiar with the Delta SkyMiles Loyalty program, which helps you earn miles and book free or discounted travel. However, if you’re looking for a way to increase the number of miles you earn, the may be just what you’re looking for.
However, this card isn’t for everyone. For example, business owners who want to maximize rewards other business expenses, as well as travel, may want to consider the while those who want a straight forward rewards card may want to consider card.
Card Review Details
If you’re currently a SkyMiles Loyalty Program member or thinking of becoming one, the represents a great way to earn even more miles and secure additional Delta Perks. This is particularly true when you factor in the Annual Companion Certificate, baggage fee waiver, priority boarding, and In-flight discount.
In addition, if you’re currently a Delta Medallion Member, you can enjoy even more rewards with the annual miles boost, which help you earn 10,000 bonus miles and 10,000 MQMs when you spend $25,000 in a calendar year, plus an additional 10,000 of each when you spend $50,000 in a calendar year.
That said, as a cardholder, you will be required to pay the annual fee. This is more than the Delta Gold card, which is waived in the first year. However, for some cardholders, it’s to overlook the annual fee when you factor in the Miles Boost, waived baggage fees, and the annual companion certificate.
Similarly, though the has a much higher annual fee (), customers that spend a significant amount of money their own flights or employee flights ($30,000 or more) may want to check out the Reserve card.
Finally, the last consideration should be airline loyalty. If you frequently travel but aren’t loyal to Delta, an American Express Delta card likely isn’t worth the fee. Instead, it’s worth looking into one of Amex’s other business card, namely the or , both of which have competitive rewards programs, airline benefits and a variety of other business-based perks.
Can I still earn the Delta Business Platinum 70k Welcome Bonus?
Unfortunately, the business platinum 70k expired in late 2018. However, at the time of publication, are in for a good surprise.
In addition to the miles bonus, new cardholders can also earn an additional $100 statement credit when they use their card to book a Delta flight within the first three months of card membership.
As always, it’s important to check the Amex website for the most up-to-day information, including bonus offers.
Is there a Delta American Express Platinum upgrade offer?
At this time, there is no specific upgrade offer. However, in some cases, Amex cardholders may be eligible for special upgrades based on creditworthiness and promotions.
To check if you’re eligible for any upgrades, you can always log into your Amex account or call the number on the back of your card.