Press (Media) Kit
Table of Contents
Nav.com is on a mission to materially decrease the small business death rate. We’re a venture-backed company that uses machine learning and AI to help small business owners make more informed financial decisions and access funding. Our platform provides free access to business and personal credit reports, tools to build business credit, and a product agnostic marketplace that matches users to financing options that are the best fit for their needs. We were founded by Levi King, an entrepreneur who was raised on a farm in Idaho and now runs a Bay Area tech company backed by some of the top venture capitalists, including Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs and Experian. Over 300,000 small business owners use our platform.
Our name, “Nav,” was inspired by the need for small business owners to have a guide help them navigate the often-confusing world of business credit and financing. We’re not just a lender, we help business owners make smart decisions throughout their business lifecycle.
Nav has been named in the Inc. 5000, Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures and Forbes FinTech 50 lists and is growing rapidly, with over 300,000 small business owners currently using the platform to make better financial decisions and access capital.
Get in Touch With Us
Reasons to Contact Us
- Request an interview (print, tv, radio, podcast, blog)
- Request to quote Gerri Detweiler or Levi King or Nav.com
- Request a speaking appearance
- Request access to small business owner data and trends
Please contact Jared Proctor for all media inquiries.
Meet Gerri Detweiler:
Gerri Detweiler has more than twenty years of experience guiding individuals through the confusing world of credit, and has earned a reputation as a reliable and independent resource on personal and small business credit.
She serves as Education Director for Nav.com, the first site to give business owners free personal and business credit scores and tools to build financially healthy companies. There she develops educational programs and content for small business owners, and works on advocacy initiatives.
A prolific writer, Gerri’s articles have been featured on popular websites such as Yahoo!, MSN Money, Forbes, The Today Show website, and others. Her five books include her newest title, Finance Your Own Business: Get On The Financing Fast Track and the free Amazon Kindle ebook, Debt Collection Answers: How to Use Debt Collection Laws to Protect Your Rights.
For more than five years, Gerri hosted her own talk radio programs, and she has been a repeat guest on other radio shows. She has been interviewed for more than 3000 news stories including The Today Show, Dateline NBC, The New York Times, USA Today, and Reader’s Digest. She has also appeared multiple times on Fox Business, CNN and other television programs across the country. She is an international speaker and has testified before Congress.
She holds a B.A. in International Business/Political Affairs from Taylor University, and an M.A. in Adult Education/Psychology from Vermont College.
Meet Levi King:
Levi King is the Co-founder and CEO of Nav.com, a venture-backed company that helps small business owners get more funding and lower their costs. Raised on a farm in rural Idaho, King is a self-taught, serial entrepreneur who has started businesses in the manufacturing, franchising and retail financing spaces (and invested in many more). During this time, he had to work to overcome the same issues faced by most small business owners – access to capital, financing, and marketplace credibility. After getting a handle on how business credit works, Levi was able to get business loans and financing more than 30 times.
Prior to starting Nav, he co-founded Lendio, a business financing marketplace that links commercial lenders and small business owners. While at Lendio, Levi saw too many applicants get denied for financing or only get approved for financing they couldn’t afford. He realized someone needed to help business owners become better-qualified applicants, which lead him to start Nav.
Levi’s columns appear regularly in publications such as Inc., Entrepreneur, and BizJournals, and he has been quoted in numerous news interviews.
Credit expert Gerri Detweiler is Education Director for Nav.com, which provides business owners with simple tools to build strong business credit and financially healthy companies. She’s been interviewed in more than 3000 news stories. Her articles have been widely syndicated, and she is the coauthor of Finance Your Own Business: Get on the Financing Fast Track.
Levi King is the co-founder and CEO of Nav.com, a free site that helps small business owners build, protect, and leverage their data. Levi is a serial entrepreneur and has started several successful companies. Prior to Nav, he co-founded a business financing marketplace where Levi saw too many applicants get denied or only get approved for offers they couldn’t afford. Through Nav, he has accomplished his mission to help business owners become better-qualified applicants and reduce the small business death rate. Levi’s columns appear regularly in Inc., Entrepreneur, and BizJournals, and he has been quoted in numerous news interviews.
Summed up in One Sentence
Gerri Detweiler is a well-known credit expert and Education Direction at Nav.com, a free site that helps small business owners build, protect and leverage their data.
Levi King is a serial entrepreneur, Co-founder and CEO of Nav.com, a free site that helps small business owners build, protect and leverage their data.
- Free personal and business credit scores and reports on one dashboard.
- A cash flow analysis tool, which evaluates a business owner’s bank account data to give additional insights into their borrowing power.
- Self-serve tools and insights to build business credit.
- Financing marketplace for logged-in customers, with over 100 products, from credit cards to SBA loans to merchant cash advances.
- Public-facing financing marketplace.
- Business bank account data analysis (beta coming February 2019).
- Free business credit and financing educational resources: blog, guides, webinars and videos.
- A well-known source for everything credit, Nav.com Education Director Gerri Detweiler has answered over 10,000 credit questions online.
- The author or coauthor of five books, Gerri wrote the first mass market book that explained credit scores. Money magazine featured it as one of the top five new financial books of the year when it was released.
- Gerri explains business credit in her latest title, Finance Your Own Business.
- Gerri works with America’s Small Business Development Centers to bring business credit and financing education to the small business owners the centers work with, along with SBDC consultants.
- Levi King is a serial entrepreneur who has successfully founded several businesses in areas ranging from manufacturing to technology — and invested in a host of others.
Levi has been interviewed for dozens of small business articles and podcasts, and is a regular contributor to Inc., Entrepreneur and Forbes.
- Levi has presented at some of the leading financial technology conferences, including LendIt USA and Money2020.
- Nav.com is the only place small business owners can manage their personal and business credit scores together in one place.
- Over 300,000 business owners are using Nav’s platform.
- Nav has been named to the Inc. 5000, Entrepreneur’s Top Company Cultures and Forbes FinTech 50 lists.
Suggested Interview Questions
- What is business credit and why should entrepreneurs care about it?
- How are business credit scores different than personal ones?
- Is building a strong business credit score the same process as personal?
- What’s the one thing that really surprises entrepreneurs about business credit?
- Can a business have its identity stolen?
- How can business owners protect themselves from I.D. theft?
- How do lenders evaluate entrepreneurs for business loans and credit cards?
- How is Nav.com different than other online business lenders or marketplaces?