Rates and Fees
|Intro APR||See Pay Over Time APR|
|Purchase APR||14.99% - 22.99% Variable|
|Welcome Offer||Welcome Offer: Earn 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.|
|Rewards Rate||Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com, and 1X points for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases.|
- Welcome Offer: Earn 120,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $15,000 on eligible purchases with your Card within the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, 0% Intro APR for 12 months from the date of the account opening on purchases eligible for Pay Over Time. After that, your APR will be 14.99% to 22.99% based on your credit worthiness and other factors as determined at the time of account opening.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com, and 1X points for each dollar you spend on eligible purchases.
- Earn 1.5X points on eligible purchases at US construction material & hardware suppliers, electronic goods retailers and software & cloud system providers, and shipping providers, as well as on purchases of $5,000 or more everywhere else, on up to $2 million of these purchases per calendar year.
- Unlock over $1,000 in value per year for statement credits on select purchases with your Card, including up to $400 with Dell Technologies, up to $360 with Indeed, up to $150 with Adobe and up to $120 on wireless telephone purchases. Enrollment required.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year toward baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- The American Express Global Lounge Collection® can provide an escape at the airport. With more than 1,400 airport lounges across 140 countries and counting, you have more lounge location options than any other credit card on the market as of 9/2021.
- $695 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
is a great option for business owners who frequently spend money on airfare, hotels stays, and other travel expenses. This card offers a competitive rewards program as well as numerous travel-focused benefits including airline fee credits access to American Express lounges around the world.
Not looking for a travel-specific rewards program? You may want to consider one of the other American Express business cards currently available. Many of these cards are specifically designed to reward you for common business expenses like office supplies, internet or phone service, and purchases at restaurants and gas stations.
Card Review Details
was designed for business owners who spend a lot of time jet setting from place to place.
In addition, this card offers a ton of annual perks, including airline credits, hotel credits, and even a $200 annual statement credit for making purchases directly with Dell. Cardholders can also take advantage of the Pay Over Time feature, which makes it possible to carry balances, with interest, on purchases over $100.
American Express also offers business owners some unique offers during their first year of membership, including a one-year membership to WeWork, which includes access to private office space, shared workspace, event space, onsite staff, Wi-Fi, and pantry amenities at over 335 workspaces worldwide — a $2,700 value.
Overall, these benefits can make a truly valuable addition to your wallet. Unfortunately, there is one significant catch — a annual membership fee.
Despite that, for business owners who have some serious travel expenses, this card can very well be worth the steep fee, but you’ll need to crunch some numbers and compare your spending to the rewards and benefits before you make that decision.
Prefer a card with a lower annual fee? You may want to consider alternative American Express business cards, like the card or . Or, if you’re loyal to Delta and are looking for an airline-specific card, you may also want to consider one of the American Express Delta Business cards.
Not looking for a rewards program? You may want to consider , which allows business owners to finance purchases for up to 60 days.
There are plenty of perks associated with , and many of them are specifically designed to reward customers who use the card for all or a significant portion of their travel expenses. That’s particularly true thanks to the points program, which allows you to get the most out of your travel expenses when you book through amextravel.com.
That said, the new annual membership fee is quite steep and places at the top of the charts when it comes to fees, so business owners will need to weigh to benefit against this annual financial obligation.
If you plan on using it to book the majority of your travel, currently or intend to use WeWork, and plan to take advantage of the other benefits, like the Dell purchase credit, then it can be worth the fee, but for many business owners, that won’t be the case.
vs Gold – Which is better?
is designed specifically for business owners with significant travel expenses. Both the rewards points tiers and the benefits can be valuable, but only if you plan on booking travel and using points to do the same. Conversely, the is designed for business owners who have more eclectic spending needs. .
Finally, before making a decision, it’s important to note that the Amex Business Gold card also carries a lower annual fee (). This can make it a better option for those who may not use the Platinum card, or its benefits, enough to merit a fee.
American Express does not provide a list of specific requirements; however, you typically must be a business owner who can provide both business and personal information. This typically includes basic business information, like years in business, industry type, and company structure, as well as your estimated annual revenue.
Further, you must be able to provide your Federal Tax ID. If you’re a sole proprietor or own an LLC, then you can use your SSN. If your business is a Partnership or Coproration, then you will be required to enter your EIN.
Further, though American Express does not offer a minimum credit score requirement, customers typically have Excellent credit.
Will I get approved for?
Approval is based on a variety of factors including your credit history and revenue. Generally, applicants are more likely to be approved if they have an excellent credit score.
How do I earn 5X Points Rewards?
To earn 5X points, you must use to make travel purchases through the Amex Travel portal. Eligible purchases included the following:
- Scheduled flights
- Prepaid hotel stays
- Prepaid hotel+flight packages
Can I still take advantage of the 100k points welcome offer?
While Amex did offer a 100k point welcome offer, at the time of publication, that offer has expired. Instead, new cardholders can now earn up to 75k points. However, it’s important to note that American Express does periodically offer new or limited time welcome offers, so it’s best to check their website for the most up-to-date information.
Doeshave a 150k point welcome offer?
No. While American Express did once offer new Business Platinum cardholders a 150k welcome bonus when they met certain requirements, this offer is no longer available. Instead, new card members can receive 75k points. Of course, Amex does reserve the right to change welcome offers, and so it’s important to check their site for the most up-to-date welcome offers and rewards.
Yes. is made out of high-quality metal.
The responses below are not provided or commissioned by the credit card, financing and service companies that appear on this site. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card, financing and service companies and it is not their responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.